Eagle Fence & Guardrail installs the four major types of vehicular guardrail.
Timber Guardrail makes an attractive barrier to prevent cars, trucks, and other vehicles from entering where they shouldn’t. Most popular in southern-yellow pine, timber guardrail systems can be constructed in either a mortised or bolt-on system. For non-spec jobs, Eagle Fence keeps 8” x 8” posts and 10” x 10” mortised posts in stock along with 4” x 8” rails. Other post and rail sizes are available by special order.
Steel-Backed Timber Guardrail is a popular hybrid of systems that offers all the strength of “crash-rated” products. The most common example of this is “Merritt-Parkway Guardrail.” Developed by Connecticut Department of Transportation for use along the scenic Merritt Parkway, this adaptation is used in many rustic applications.
Metal Beam Rail is perhaps the most recognizable form of traffic safety in use today. It is available in several ConnDOT-approved systems, and comes in both galvanized and weathered-steel finishes. Eagle Fence also installs a complete line of end anchorages, bridge attachments, crash attenuators, and more.
Cable Guiderail is still in use today. We stock a variety of parts and hardware to install new systems or repair existing cable guiderails.
- 3 Cable Guardrail Page 1.pdf
- 3 Cable Guardrail Page 2.pdf
- MBR Curved Treatment.pdf
- MBR End Anchorage Earth Cut Slope.pdf
- MBR End Anchorages.pdf
- MBR Hardware.pdf
- MBR Misc Transitions.pdf
- MD-B 350 MBR.pdf
- MD-B End Anchorage Type I.pdf
- MD-B Jersey Shape Parapet Type I.pdf
- MD-B Jersey Shape Parapet Type II.pdf
- Meritt Parkway Bridge Attachment.pdf
- Meritt Parkway End Anchorages.pdf
- Meritt Parkway Guardrail.pdf
- Meritt Parkway Trailing End.pdf
- R-B 350 Sys5 5a 6.pdf
- R-B 350 Bridge Attachment Jersey Shape Parapet.pdf
- R-B 350 Bridge Attachment Trailing End.pdf
- R-B 350 Bridge Attachment Vertical Shape Parapet.pdf
- R-B 350 MBR.pdf
- RB Terminal Section.pdf
- Type MD-I MBR.pdf